Crystal Ski Holidays launches slopeside guide to inspire this winter’s travellers
Today sees the launch of ‘Your Guide to the Mountain’ winter 2017/18 edition. It’s a brand new approach, styled as a travel magazine to inspire new and experienced skiers and snowboarders.
The 52-page guide is jam-packed with winter holiday inspiration. Its new magazine format highlights all the best bits of a ski holiday with expert recommendations to help readers narrow down the options for their next winter holiday. It includes top tips for families, first time skiers, finest restaurants and hotels, how to make your budget go further and more.
Managing Director Chris Logan: “We asked our customers what they wanted from a ski brochure and discovered that they have outgrown the traditional format. So this season, we thought we’d take a different approach to better serve their needs. The guide complements our website where customers can use search and filter options to effortlessly compare and choose the right holiday for them”.
We also added a few light-hearted pages on how Crystal measures up: for example, last season our chalet hosts served 81,192 eggs for breakfast to fuel our customers for the mountain and that our planes whisked over 40,000 pairs of skis to their home on the snow.
Your Guide to the Mountain can be ordered or viewed online, alternatively picked-up in the Crystal store in the indoor snow centres at Braehead (Glasgow), Castleford, Hemel Hempstead, Manchester, Milton Keynes and Tamworth.
Crystal goes to 126 destinations in 13 countries, offers departures from 23 UK airports, St Pancras and Ashford rail stations and will send nearly 200,000 skiers and snowboarders to over 1100 properties and almost 50 chalets this forthcoming winter, more than any other UK ski operator.
- Are and Vemdalen in Sweden are new resorts. Swedish mountains may not be as high as the Alps, but their proximity to the Arctic Circle means they’re usually covered in a layer of the white stuff from December through to May. Pistes and lifts are uncrowded and offer a good spread of runs, from green to black, making it a memorable experience for all abilities.
- Heavenly in USA is also a new resort for winter 2017/18. This resort sits comfortably on the stateline between California and Nevada and offers skiers and boarders a unique opportunity to ski two US states in one day, on top of experiencing the lively, flashy casino atmosphere that Nevada is famous for. South Lake Tahoe city is located at the bottom of the mountain on the shores of the glorious Lake Tahoe (the highest lake in the USA).
- New flying routes: Exeter, Doncaster Sheffield and Luton to Chambery for ski resorts in France.
- Our first Slope-Ready resort – Pamporovoin Bulgaria. All holidays to this resort include a lift pass, equipment hire and tuition – a great value option for first-time or more seasoned skiers. Price from £579: Hotel Snezhanka, two sharing, departure 7 January 2018.
- ‘Buy one adult lift pass, get one free’ on selected European holidays. Book by 31 July 2017
As always Crystal Ski Holidays offers many more special offers:
- Hotel credit: book one of our selected hotels and you’ll get a credit to spend on food and drink of up to €100 per person. Book by 30 September 2017.
- Crystal Ski Pluspackages from £555 per person (includes flights, transfers, local lift pass, ski/board hire or ski carriage, a week’s accommodation at Poblado apartments in Arinsal departing 7 January 2018). Book by 30 November 2017.
- All-Inclusivehotels in Seefeld (Austria), Pamporovo (Bulgaria), Meribel (France) and Cervinia (Italy). Price from £655 per person, Hotel Perelik, two sharing, departure 7 January 2018.
- Free child places on every departure date.
- Lift pass includedin La Clusaz and Chamrousse, France.
Prices start at £349 per person (based on four sharing) for a week’s self-catering at the 3* Terraces du Soleil d’Or apartments in Les Orres, France, departing on 7 January 2018 from Gatwick including airport transfers.
To book www.crystalski.co.uk 020 8610 3123